So just to give you guys and girls a quick summary about what’s going on. From now on every Wednesday be on the lookout for our BIG games to watch starting from Wednesday through Sunday! Than also, don’t forget to check back every Sunday to see our top plays of the week and see how I did on my predictions!
8:00 EST: LA Clippers vs. Houston Rockets (ESPN)
• Two of the hottest teams in the West go at it in the Toyota Center in Houston on Wednesday night when the 5th seeded Clippers come to town. The Clippers who remained quiet at the deadline last week were just on a 4 game winning streak before losing to Memphis on Monday. As for the Rockets they added two solid guards in KJ McDaniels and Pablo Prigioni to solidify their backcourt.
Predicted Winner: LA Clippers
10:30 EST: SA Spurs vs. Portland Trailblazers (ESPN)
• The defending champion Spurs travel to Portland to take on the Trailblazers and there newly acquired 6th man Aaron Afflalo. Although Afflalo went 2 for 6 in his first appearance with Portland he looks to rebound and make a better impression and prove his comments right of “Contending for a championship.”
Predicted Winner: San Antonio Spurs
8:00 EST: GS Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (TNT)
• Although the Cavaliers have arguably the best player in the game today in LeBron and a great supporting cast around him, no one is stopping the Warriors this year. Between the amazing shooting ability and the chemistry building in Golden State I can’t see them losing this one.
Predicted Winner: GS Warriors
10:30 EST: OKC Thunder vs. Phoenix Suns (TNT)
• This one is an interesting one only because both teams made a decent amount of deals during last weeks deadline, but one team went for future with picks and the other went for young players. So even though the Thunder are without Kevin Durant the new additions in Kanter, Augustin, Singler, and Novak should easily put OKC in position to win this one.
Predicted Winner: OKC Thunder
8:00 EST: Miami Heat vs. New Orleans Pelicans (ESPN)
• Even though the Heat added Goran Dragic they lost a big piece when Bosh went down for the season the other day. The Pelicans on the other hand just recently won a tough game against the Raptors on Monday and in my opinion just what they needed before playing Miami.
Predicted Winner: New Orleans Pelicans
10:30 EST: OKC Thunder vs. Portland Trailblazers (ESPN)
• The Thunder have a game the night before which might hurt them a little but like I said before they added so much depth this deadline to help them for times like this and for the future. As for the Trailblazers they will put up a fight and won’t make it easy, but still I have to give the edge to OKC.
Predicted Winner: OKC Thunder
1:00pm EST: LA Clippers vs. Chicago Bulls (ABC)
• It’s a battle of East vs. West, when the 5th seeded Clippers travel to Chicago to take on the 3rd seeded Bulls. Both teams have injuries to some big name players with Blake Griffin out, still recovering from elbow surgery and DRose recently just tearing his meniscus again for the 3rd time in 4 years. Although with the Bulls playing home I see them taking this one away from LA.
Predicted Winner: Chicago Bulls
3:30 EST: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets (ABC)
• Cleveland travels down south to Houston, Texas to take on the Rockets. I think this one is going to be a solid game, but with this game on National TV on a Sunday afternoon I can see LeBron and company taking over and putting the Rockets away early.
Predicted Winner: Cleveland Cavaliers