Welcome back to “This Week in the NBA: Games to Watch!” Where we tell you the best games from Wednesday through Sunday to tune in too! This week we have some pretty good matchup’s coming up this weekend, especially come Sunday afternoon with some great matchup’s on ABC!
8:00 EST: LA Lakers @ Miami Heat (ESPN)
• The Heat have been bitten by the injury bug lately with Bosh out for the rest of the season and newly acquired point guard Goran Dragic having some nagging back problems and is now questionable for the game. As for the Lakers they have been at the bottom of the barrel yet again this year. Their leading scorer Nick Young is sore and missed Sunday’s game vs. OKC and is questionable for Tuesday’s game. They just can’t seem to put it together this year as they have only 16 wins, which make them 2nd to last in the West.
• Predicted Winner: Miami Heat
10:00 EST: Portland Trailblazers @ LA Clippers (ESPN)
• This is very good game between the 4 seed Trailblazers vs. the 5 seed Clippers in a western conference matchup. Both teams enter this game on 3 game winning streaks. Also, both key big men LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan are averaging double double’s going during both teams winning streaks. The Clippers might have the edge after beating the Trailblazer twice already this season.
• Predicted Winner: LA Clippers
8:00 EST: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Chicago Bulls (TNT)
• The Thunder get Russell Westbrook back on Wednesday vs. Philly from his injured and surgically repaired right cheek. He will also be wearing a protective mask while playing in this 2nd game of a back to back. Chicago on the other hand is like others have been injured lately. With Derrick Rose going down not too long ago and now Jimmy Butler out with elbow issue, but the slack was picked up last game with 23pts from rookie Nikola Mirotic. Although it is still going to be interesting to see how the Bulls work without there two starting guards.
• Predicted Winner: OKC Thunder
10:30 EST: Dallas Mavericks @ Portland Trailblazers (TNT)
• Dallas has been in the news lately for a not so good reason with Rajon Rondo and Head Coach Rick Carlisle throwing words at each other back and forth on the court. The Mavs are also missing two starters in big man Tyson Chandler and forward Chandler Parsons who are both listed as questionable for Thursday. Although the Trailblazers are going to be playing in the 2nd of back-to-back game they are home and have the advantage down low with Chandler out for the Mavs.
• Predicted Winner: Portland Trailblazers
8:00 EST: Phoenix Suns @ Brooklyn Nets (ESPN)
• The Suns after getting rid of some key players in Dragic and Plumlee are not the same team anymore. They are 3-7 in there last 10 and are also on a 2 game losing streak. As for the Nets they are 4-2 since the all-star break and have some quality wins over the Mavs and Warriors in they’re past two games as they fight to hold on to the 8th seed in the East
• Predicted Winner: Brooklyn Nets
10:30 EST: Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors (ESPN)
• Like I said above it should be interesting to see if the Mavs can get back one of Chandler Parsons or Tyson Chandler for this game or any of the games on the Mavs small road trip. The Warriors on the other hand are coming off a loss to the Nets, but they have Andrew Bogut returning to the rotation, which should add a nice boost.
• Predicted Winner: Golden State Warriors
1:00pm EST: Chicago Bulls @ San Antonio Spurs (ABC)
• The Chicago Bulls like said above are now without both starting guards and will look to others like rookie Nikola Mirotic and Aaron Brooks to pick up some of the slack. As for the Spurs they are trying to hold on to a playoff spot, but have gone 2-3 in their last 5 games with wins only against Sacramento and Phoenix.
• Predicted Winner: Chicago Bulls
3:30 EST: LA Clippers @ Golden State Warriors (ABC)
• In my opinion this will easily be the best game of the week. As we hope to see Bogut back to the starting lineup by now or at least contributing solid minutes for Golden State while the “splash brothers” do there work from the two guard spots. They face off against a hot Clippers team who has been a couple injuries in two role players Jamal Crawford, Matt Barnes and starting PF Blake Griffin. Even without these three the Clippers have been led by DeAndre Jordan and star PG Chris Paul to a current 3 game winning streak and 7-3 in their last 10 games.
• Predicted Winner: LA Clippers