Welcome back to “This Week in the NBA: Games to Watch!” This week to being busy I was only able to write one for the weekend games! This week we have some pretty good match-ups coming up, especially come Sunday afternoon!
7:00 EST: Boston Celtics @ Indiana Pacers (NBA TV)
• Two teams fighting for playoff spots, the Celtics currently 1.5 games out of 8th and the Pacers are barely hanging onto 7th place in the Eastern Conference. The Celtics have been surging as of late are on a two game win streak and have won 7-3 of there last 10 games, Isaiah Thomas is a big key to this run. The Indiana Pacers are red-hot right now 9-1 in their last 10 games, and also on a 7 game winning streak. Also, the Pacers best player Paul George will be back soon and will help them even more than they know.
• Predicted Winner: Indiana Pacers
1:00 EST: Chicago Bulls @ Oklahoma City Thunder (ABC)
• A rematch of last Friday’s night game where the Bulls were able to snag a win away from the OKC Thunder. OKC is in the middle of a dogfight in the West for the 8th seed are 6-4 in their last 10 games. While the Bulls are sitting comfortably in the 3rd seed in the East and are 5-5 in their last 10 games. The Bulls will be leaning on Pau Gasol and Aaron Brooks it looks like for the playoffs. Especially after Brooks just dropped 31 the other nights against Philly. As for OKC they are waiting on the reigning MVP Kevin Durant to return but in the mean time Russell Westbrook has been the star of the team even though his last game he has 10 turnovers alone.
• Predicted Winner: OKC Thunder
3:30 EST: Houston Rockets @ LA Clippers (ABC)
• Both teams are one game within each other in the Western Conference the Rockets are currently 1 game ahead in 4th place while the Clippers sit in 5th place. Both teams are 6-4 in their last 10 games. The Clippers with star PG Chris Paul are coming off a win where Paul dropped 33 pts 9 assists and 4 rebounds, so look for him to continue the hot streak. As for Houston look for James Harden to continue his stellar season while star center Dwight Howard looks to still be out for another week or so.
• Predicted Winner: Houston Rockets
***Be sure to check back on Sunday for our top plays of the week***