Welcome back to “This Week in the NBA: Games to Watch!” Where we tell you the best games from Thursday through Sunday to tune in too! This week we have some pretty good matchups coming up this weekend, especially come Sunday afternoon with some great matchups on ABC!
10:00 EST: New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns (NBA League Pass)
• The 9th seeded Pelicans and the 10th seeded Suns face off in a battle in the Western Conference. The suns coming off a win on Monday vs. the Knicks where Bledsoe was one rebound away from a triple-double should put up a fight, but they are still missing Danny Granger & Brandon Knight. As for the Pelicans they are putting together a good season and hope to top the season by making the playoffs. New Orleans is led by a possible MVP candidate in PF/C Anthony Davis who fell just short of just a quadruple double the other day.
8:00 EST: Toronto Raptors @ Chicago Bulls (NBA League Pass)
• Both the 3rd seed and the 4th seed face off in this Eastern Conference matchup of the Bulls and Raptors. Currently only ½ game separates the two from each other. The Bulls are doing fine without Derrick Rose, & Jimmy Butler but still are hopeful they will return for playoffs. As for the Raptors they are starting to click on all cylinders starting with Valancinuas down low he recently dropped 15pts-15rebs in his last game combine that with the arguably the best backcourt in the East, let alone NBA and you have a playoff contender.
10:30 EST: New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors (NBA League Pass)
• As the Pelicans try to grab the 8th spot in the West the Warriors are sitting pretty in first place by 7.5 games. The Pelicans are coming to Golden State right after playing Phoenix the night before will have a tough fight here, but the Warriors are without SG Klay Thompson. As for the Warriors they are coming off a huge win Wednesday night vs. the East leading Atlanta Hawks and had 5 players in
3:00pm EST: San Antonio Spurs @ Atlanta Hawks (NBA League Pass)
• The defending champs who are currently are fighting to hold onto 7th place in the West take on the Eastern Conference leading Atlanta Hawks. The Spurs who are still without Ginobli are coming off a solid win on Wednesday vs. the Milwaukee Bucks had 6 people in double digits. As for the Hawks they are coming off a bad loss vs. the West leading Warriors, as they try to bounce back as they were shutdown on Wednesday.
3:30 EST: New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Clippers (NBA League Pass)
• The Pelicans playing a ton of games this week are on the road in the West against trying to land the 8th spot in the West. As for the Clippers they are trying to start a winning streak as they will be hoping to keep there 2 game winning streak alive as they wait for Jamal Crawford and Matt Barnes to be fully healthy so they can finally have their entire rotation back to normal. Also, look for newcomer Nate Robinson to continue to provide solid depth and put up some numbers on the bench.